Friday, September 16, 2005

Groomzilla's ring

Groomzilla has expensive tastes. Why can't we just go to the local Poh Kong or even diamonds and platinum for wedding bands?

But NO! This horror of a groom insists that we need to go to some high street brand to get the band. The more expensive the better

So, we ended up in Cartiers. Bridezilla,being the cheena, exclaimed, " Why is that ring stamped with the CoffeeBean & Tea Leaf logo??" Nope, Cartiers do not sponsor Coffee Bean, it's the Cartier's brand. I'm such an embarrasment.

Cartier's was way too expensive to be worth it so we moved on over to Selberen. No winners there as Groomzilla hated all of it. Off to Bridezilla's favourite Tiffany's & Co. ONE hit...RM 5k for a plain platinum band. *Gasp*! I had to drag him out of Tiffany's, which is a first!

And then we hit ground zero at the LoveDiamond in KLCC aka The Carat Club. The crown jewel of the Malaysian jewelry market. But of course. Groomzilla likes pretending that he's posh and not a zilla at all.

End result? The controvesial Brad Pitt ring. For those in the know, this was Brad & Jenn's wedding band designed exclusively by Brad. Daimiani reproduced it en masse and was sued by the chunk of a hunk for USD50mil. Oh poor hunk...design got copied didnt it?

Of course, Groomzilla's without the Daimiani up front, which sounds so cheena anyway.


Personally, I think its a bad idea to be starting off life with a ring design that was worn by a publicly divorced couple. But on my finger another ring will set...heehee. So it's ok

Bridezilla's being very,very bitter about this because she just put in a deposit yesterday to custom make the said ring. Total damage by Groomzilla's stampede? RM 3500 for a platinum band with around 8 diamonds around it.

Kill me, kill me now. I want to get silver with cubic zirconium. Like as if he can tell the diff!

4 comments:

Blogger mooiness commented...

Not bad not bad - I like. But yeah kinda "mm ho yee tau" right to be wearing a design for a famous divorcee? :P

Go get it blessed then. That's the second time I've told you to get something blessed. Think I'm superstitious? Ah heck, it won't hurt!

2:34 PM  
Blogger sourrain commented...

How to get it blessed? My ring is already in UK.

And have u actually heard of blessing of the rings?They might think im crazy

Yeah the part about Brad Pitt? I wanted the dress that JLo got married to Cris Judd in..hehe. Lucky lace is too expensive

3:10 PM  
Blogger mooiness commented...

Blessing of the rings ... yeah I've seen it done for necklaces and bracelets so why not rings?

But the point is moot - it's in UK liao. But maybe the "che hei" would be dissipated via the long flight. :P

Haha woo lace eh. Too expensive lah - especially for something that's only gonna be worn once.

3:33 PM  
Blogger sourrain commented...

Aherm. Being the typical kiasu cheena, I am wearing it twice..so its ok..:P.Once in UK and once in msia.

I was thinking that if I'm having another dinner in KL I want to wear another time,but my parents beat me. Ask me why wear so many times,think underwear ah?

Lace is minimum RM250 one metre. I need a minimum of 6

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home